crib talk

My earliest memory was from when I was two years old. I woke up in my crib where I had been sleeping on my back. I looked at the ceiling and around as far as I could - there was no one there. Then I heard voices who were talking as though they were looking at me. One said, "Look at him, isn't he perfect?" and the other one said, "He is a miracle." I was confused because there was no one there. I sat up and looked around - no one was in the room. I climbed up and out of my crib and walked out to where my father was watching TV in the living room - sitting in his gold colored recliner.
I told him that I heard voices in my room, but no one was there. He asked what they said and I told him. He said, "Maybe you heard angels talking about you." And I knew that he was wrong and perhaps confused.
In hindsight I think I was having my first memory. I think that I had heard my parents talking about me as I slept and then, upon waking, I had the memory of hearing them but experienced it as people talking right then.

No comments: